- TD-27 sound module with advanced Prismatic Sound Modeling derived from the flagship TD-50
- All-analog V-Pad configuration, upgrade-ready to digital pad playability and expression via the module’s three digital trigger inputs
- PDX-100 10-inch mesh-head snare pad with support for positional sensing and rimshot/cross stick playing
- Three PDX-8 8-inch mesh-head pads for rack toms and floor tom
- Two CY-12C 12-inch crash cymbals with natural swinging motion, edge/bow sensors, and choke control
- One CY-13R 13-inch ride cymbal with natural swinging motion and edge/bow/bell triggering
- VH-10 V-Hi-Hat with natural motion and smooth open/closed detection
- KD-10 Kick Pad supports expressive foot control and pedal techniques
- Drum in a variety of hyper-realistic sound spaces with newly developed PureAcoustic Ambience Technology
- Import your own WAV samples via an SD card
- Stereo mix output, plus two assignable outputs for sending individual drum sounds to a PA mixer
- Integrated 28-channel USB audio interface for professional computer music production
- Onboard Bluetooth for drumming with music from a smartphone or laptop
- Built-in practice functions for developing drumming skills
Go Deeper with Prismatic Sound
Derived from the flagship TD-50, the TD-27 sound module is filled with drums that live and breathe like acoustic instruments. We start by sampling the finest drums, percussion, and cymbals—both vintage and modern—in world-class recording studios. Roland’s unique Prismatic Sound Modeling is then applied to the samples, bringing them alive with proprietary behavior modeling refined over two decades. Every time you strike a drum or cymbal, you’re not simply triggering a canned sound—you’re playing a full-bodied instrument that responds like its acoustic counterpart in every way, with an unprecedented sonic range at your command.
High-End Feel and Playability
When you sit down at the TD-27K, you’ll enjoy expressive playability that rivals high-end V-Drums sets. There’s a full complement of mesh-head pads for the legendary V-Drums feel, with positional sensing on the snare pad that provides subtle, organic tonal changes depending on where the pad is struck. The cymbals have natural swinging motion and support chokes, bow/edge sounds on the crash, and bow/edge/bell sounds on the ride. Mounting on a standard hi-hat stand, the VH-10 V-Hi-Hat features open/closed motion and bow/edge sounds for executing traditional playing techniques to perfection. Last but not least is the KD-10 Kick Pad, which offers a natural-feel cloth head and rock-solid response.
Ready for the Future with Digital Pad Connectivity
The TD-27 module comes equipped with three digital trigger inputs, paving the way to even greater response and sound creation potential with future user expansion. A Roland first, digital trigger pads for snare (PD-140DS) and ride (CY-18DR) connect to the module via USB, offering an ultra-detailed experience that mirrors the behavior and control of playing an acoustic instrument. Transitions between head, cross-stick, and rimshot hits on the snare are effortless thanks to automatic detection. And ride hits across the bow, bell and edge are perfectly sounded, with the ability to naturally mute any part of the cymbal with a finger or palm touch. The module also includes three additional analog trigger inputs, ready for bolstering your arsenal with a variety of standard V-Drums pads.
Create (and Craft) Your Signature Drum Kit
With acoustic drums, you make the sound your own by swapping head types, adjusting the tuning, applying damping, tweaking the snare wire tension, changing out the kick beater, and more. This is all possible with the TD-27 module, allowing you to craft customized kits for any situation. Just strike a pad to select it, and then use the hands-on controls and intuitive editing tools to get the sound just how you like it. Your edits are saved automatically too, so you always stay focused on playing. It’s even possible to load your own samples and layer them with the internal sounds to personalize kits even more. Also thanks to new PureAcoustic Ambience Technology, you can create an incredibly natural and immersive sound field when playing.
Powerful Connectivity for Stage and Studio
The TD-27K delivers fantastic sound for live performance or recording, thanks to a wealth of connectivity options. The TD-27 module features stereo outputs for the overall drum sound, plus two direct outputs for sending kick, snare, and other sounds to an audio console for independent mixing. In the studio, the built-in USB audio interface makes computer music production easy, with up to 28 audio channels available over a single cable. MIDI is also supported via USB and dedicated I/O, allowing you to sync with other MIDI devices and trigger sounds in computer software.
Bluetooth Connectivity and Built-In Coaching Tools
Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream audio from a phone or laptop to the module, ideal for jamming with headphones. Play along with favorite music tracks or mix the sound from a YouTube lesson video with the kit. Onboard coach functions develop skills and track your progress, while the advanced metronome helps improve your inner clock. And at any time, you can record your playing and listen back to highlight what you need to work on.